With colder temperatures on the way, it’s better to start any day off on the right foot with a healthy breakfast full of vitamins and minerals. You’d better try Oscar® Kiwi new recipes right now!
The harvest is abundant and the fruits are of great quality. The season has kicked off, it’s now time to fill up with energy!
· Acai bowl with Oscar® Kiwi
Native to South America, the acai berry is very rich in antioxidants. What a perfect addition to kiwi fruits! Let’s try this delicious and quick acai bowl recipe.
1 Oscar® kiwi fruit
60 g raspberries (1/2 cup)
2 tbsp granola (see recipe below)
1 tsp acai powder (in Organic Stores)
– Blend the banana, raspberries and acai powder until smooth and pour into a large bowl.
– Peel the kiwi fruit. Top the bowl with some granola and the kiwi fruit.
– Enjoy immediately.
· Homemade Granola with Oscar® Kiwi
Nothing better than some homemade granola with fresh kiwi fruits for breakfast! Cereals are usually packed with added sugar, so try this very simple and healthy granola recipe. Add some yoghurt or milk (vegetable or not) and a kiwi fruit full of vitamins, you’ll love it.
2 Oscar® kiwi fruits
100 g oat flakes (1 cup)
80 g almonds (2/3 cup)
50 g nuts (1/3 cup)
50 g hazelnuts (1/3 cup)
50 g cashew nuts (1/3 cup)
(or pecan nuts, macadamia nuts…)
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
20 tbsp squash seeds
2 tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
1 tbsp maple syrup
– In a large bowl, coarsely chop nuts and seeds. Pour the syrups and toss until the mixture is coated.
– Spread the granola mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet.
-Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F). Bake until lightly golden, about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway.
– Let the granola cool completely. It will further crisp up as it cools.
Optional: top with dried fruits or chocolate chips.
– Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks.
– Enjoy with some yogurt or milk (vegetable or not) and 1 or 2 Oscar® kiwis cut into slices.