The Year of the Metal Rat comes right after the Year of the Earth Pig. In Chinese Culture, rats are seen as a sign of luck and surplus. Oscar® Kiwi is happy to celebrate this new coming year with a delicious and sweet recipe!
The Chinese Lunar New Year is being celebrated around the world with lanterns, decorations, performances… and food, of course! It will be a year of new beginnings. Did you know that the Rat was the first of all zodiac animals? That’s the reason why Oscar® Kiwi has a new very cute packaging to celebrate!
In Chinese philosophy, the rat is a symbol of prosperity and financial well-being. Because of its production rate, couples also pray the rat for children. And according to Chinese wisdom, babies born this year shall have plenty of great things in their lives…
Food plays a very important role to celebrate this New Year. We think this delicious and yummy recipe would be a great idea…
Kiwi fruit Pastes
For about 25 pastes
Cooking 30 mn
Preparation 3 to 4 hours
600g Oscar® kiwi fruits (about 6)
600g caster sugar
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tbsp crystal sugar
– Peel and chop the kiwi fruits. Place the fruits in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
– Place the kiwi mixture in a saucepan, add the sugar and lemon juice.
– Cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stir frequently.
– Stop the cooking process when the paste comes away from the sides of the pan.
– Spread the mixture on a baking tray covered with parchment paper, about 2cm thick.
– Store in a dry place for 3 to 4 hours until paste comes away easily and is non-sticky.
– Cut into squares (or other shapes), transfer to a bowl containing the crystal sugar. Toss to coat.
– Store in an airtight container for about 3 weeks.
Please check our Recipes’ section to get more delicious ideas.
Have a wondeful Year of the Metal Rat, may you be happy and prosperous! #BeKiwiBeHappy
Year of Metal Rat: starting from January 25, 2020 and lasting to February 11, 2021.