Farmers involved in the process
The production partners are involved and motivated thanks to their co-operative team spirit. These farmers are grouped into 5 cooperatives.
- SCAAP Kiwifruits de France (10,000 tonnes of kiwifruit in Adour)
- SCA Vallée du Lot (2,000 tonnes in the Lot and Garonne regions)
- Lorifruit (1,000 tonnes in the Drôme region)
- Landadour (1,000 tonnes in Adour)
- Agrucorse (700 tonnes in Corsica)
In 2015, the newly- named Alliance Kiwi France united these 5 cooperatives, representing 600 farmers operating on 850 hectares in France in the most favourable terroirs for kiwifruit production.
To ensure the quality, preservation, and packaging of kiwifruit, Alliance Kiwi France has 5 fruit stations. 90% of the storage infrastructure is equipped with brine systems, which allow for a reduction in the consumption of energy and cooling fluids.
To reduce costs, there are 3 distribution centres that are close to the centres of consumption and logistical nodes: Landes, Lot-et-Garonne, and South-East.
Production tools are grouped together to ensure higher efficiency.