With the temperature dropping and the sun hibernating, there’s no denying that your body might need an extra boost of vitamin C. Learn how much you need and why.
Vitamin C is essential for the proper functioning of the body.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of its benefits:
– It allows you to better defend yourself against various viral and bacterial infections
– It facilitates iron absorption
– It contributes to maintain healthy skin, blood vessels, bones and cartilage
– It helps with wound healing
– It has an antioxidant action
– It helps to protect cells and keeping them healthy
Fresh fruits and vegetables are the best sources of this vitamin. Obviously, kiwifruit is a great source, one fruit contains 81.9mg/100g of vitamin C. For information, on average, the daily recommandation intake is 110mg for an adult, woman and man*.
Eating 1 to 2 Oscar® kiwis every day is a natural way to get your fill of vitamin C!